The Waffle House Chronicles...

Monday, March 19, 2007

Weekend Update with Burrito Eater…

So another weekend has passed and oh so quickly. Friday I got to leave work early, just in time to get to the in-laws for the Badger game. And they had a nice spread of food. The moment of joy was quickly replaced by moments of disgust when the game started. Finally with the first have closing it looked like the Badgers might have a chance and finally they took the game and all was well in the world. We then went out to the Gritty for supper but it was too packed so we ended up at the Hubbard Ave Diner. Good eats. Went home and watched more basketball. Saturday I awoke early to play basketball. It was a good time. After some grocery shopping Jess went to baby sit the kids of a friend of ours. I decided I should ride my bike over there so I did. The rest of the afternoon was a balance of babysitting (which meant playing Sonic and watching Cars) and watching basketball. Jess wasn’t feeling great so we didn’t do anything that evening. Sunday we got up to have breakfast with Jess’ family (her sister Stacy was in town for the weekend too.) Funny, we ran into Jerry and family at the Hubbard. I ate a very light breakfast because for the second day in a row I rode my bike. I am awesome. We did the Chainslacker ride and it was a good time. Got home and changed to once again travel to the in-laws for some Badger action. The game started the same and the middle was the same, it just got real rough fast and late. Guh! Had to go to the dog park after that and then pick up dog poop in the yard and then spent the rest of the night just being tired.

Jess fixed our water line for the ice maker on Sunday so all is good there. My life has been pretty uneventful lately hence the boring-ass blog of late. Basically my life is like this: Play basketball in the am, work, surf ebay at lunch, work, take the dogs to the park, cook dinner (yes I said cook, I don’t just warm up food anymore) and then watch TV or work on the house. Excitement. You can subtract the work out of the weekend and add in various activities like cycling, movies, hanging with friends, dodgeball and running errands. I think that is what March in Wisconsin is all about.

3 Comments:

  • what's your favorite meal to cook?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/19/2007 5:26 PM  

  • I'm curious to see what the master chef cooks up. I remember back in the day it used to be corn from a can.

    Anyway, real reason I'm posting here is because of this . I know you weren't looking for it, but there it is.

    By Blogger el_riz, at 3/21/2007 10:46 AM  

  • I'm feeling ya on the "march in wisconsin" thing - everything's in such a state of flux and transition that I don't feel like should be doing anything, just waiting for whatever's coming.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3/21/2007 9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home