The Waffle House Chronicles...

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Stupid and/or ignorant people

Why are people stupid? Why are they ignorant? Why do some belittle others when there is no benefit of doing so? It all seems kind of middle school to me.

In the last two days people (co-workers, friends, etc) have just for some reason not been very cool. First, I was one of many people CC'd on an e-mail chain at work where one finally just ripped the other, even though the only result was that everyone on the e-mail could see what a prick the criticizer is. Second, another person I know is so self-centered I could write a book. The relationships this person has benefit only them and benefit they do. As soon as the relationship switches to mutual or less it's over. I mean, I am pretty self centered, everyone is, but there is a basic moral fiber missing in some people and it pisses me off. No need to have friends like that. Finally some people just don't get it. They do things that they think are a good idea, when in actuality the maneuver is nothing more than stupid and self-centered. People need to know their audience before addressing them.

But Mark, why not put them in their place? A. It's not my style. B. In my 3 hopefully very vague instances it wasn't my place to speak up. It's not like Riz or Jerry or someone did something stupid that warrants my attention, when that happens I speak my mind. Nope, I have to sit down and accept that these people are this way. I can't really even distance myself from said people. I hope it isn't me that's the problem.

Alright, rant off, time for me to be self-centered and talk about me and how great I am. The example I'll use today is that one week removed from hernia surgery I returned to the court for our MSCR basketball game. We are 1-5 this season and I missed the one win. Well last night we won, 54-52! I came out blazing, having my best basketball game ever. Unofficially I was 5-5 from the field, 1-1 from 3 range, and 1-2 at the free throw line for 12 points in a winning cause. That's the first time since like 3rd grade that I played a real official basketball game and was a factor in a positive outcome! Today I am a little sore but no more than I would be after a 10 day lay off from a sport.

6 Comments:

  • so you're pissed at Kelson?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/27/2007 2:24 PM  

  • I am sorry Mark. I am a horrible person. :O)

    By Blogger Hez, at 2/27/2007 5:03 PM  

  • I am always pissed at Kelson.

    See Hez, I haven't even talked to you this week, so you have yet to piss me off! :)

    By Blogger Burrito Eater, at 2/27/2007 6:48 PM  

  • I don't mind. Most people don't like me. Really I'm usually just tolerated if I'm lucky.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/27/2007 8:49 PM  

  • I'm lucky I get to put my headphones on and just tune most people out.

    By Blogger el_riz, at 2/28/2007 7:36 AM  

  • I belittle others and act self-centered because that's what my bible tells me to do. The bible of the Great Church of Me Being Awesomer Than Everyone Else. Amen.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2/28/2007 10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home