The Waffle House Chronicles...

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Boxer for sale!

Cheap, to a good home. I am cute, I have a great personality and I love to play. I can even entertain myself. I also love to cuddle. I love to take walks and run around the yard. I am great with other dogs and children. I beg for attention and love being loved. Oh yeah, I love destruction for pure fun, which was limited to electronics, wood trim and waterbottles but now I'll take on pretty much anything.

So lately I've been thinking more and more I could write the sequal to the book Marley & Me
Tuesday I got home from work and I noticed Chili had a new chew toy. It was the remote control for our upstairs TV. Note the remote is a Sony and our TV is a JVC. Yep, this is the second one we've went through.














Since I am guessing the dogs are stimulated enough I took them to the dog park yesterday. It was a muddy, wet sloppy mess and Chili loved it. But when it came time to go, Chili just barked at another dog and every time I went to grab his collar he would shimmy away. Of course I was two days removed from a hernia surgery so I couldn't dive at him like Brian Urlacher but he is still squirmy. Finally some lady was able to trick him and grab him until I could leash him up. No photos of this exist though.


Now comes Thursday and I came home from lunch. When Chili knows he does something wrong, he hides, I open the door, make eye contact and he runs out the doggy door. Huh. I look up the stairs and see













I wonder, what's that, did they drag something in from outside? I get closer.














Uh oh...















Yep, it's the carpet.















Today they were gaited and evidentally Chili was trying to burro under the gate by clawing the carpet. I don't know how he can get the leverage though since the stairs are narrow. One shred of carpet went over 2 feet past the gate meaning he was really tugging hard. Now our carpet is old and crappy, but we were hoping to get maybe one more good year out of it. Chili however decided enough is enough.


So now we have to decide what to do. Well Jess doesn't yet, as she hasn't seen this and I am posting before she gets home. I do like the cream colored dreadlocks that are left though!

6 Comments:

  • Man, you need to teach your dog "come", and maybe "don't chew the crap out of everything in the house". I need to teach my dog "don't eat that diarrhea" and "stop rolling in that diarrhea"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/22/2007 8:40 PM  

  • Oh by the way, Jen would gladly puchase Chili, so I'm hoping she doesn't read this

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/22/2007 8:41 PM  

  • Maybe cats aren't so bad.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/22/2007 10:30 PM  

  • So Kelson, do you have any suggestions on how to teach your dog "don't chew the crap out of everything in the house?" So far he has put to rest a pair of Smith sunglasses, two cell phones, two remote controls, a couple of water bottles, two Nalgene caps and also dinged up a camera (which I was fortunate enough to notice before he could completely destroy it). I figured he just really liked crunchy plastic things, but his latest destruction of our living room carpet has thrown my entire theory off.

    So believe me...I'm all ears!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/23/2007 8:22 AM  

  • Jess, it may not be the solution your looking for, but teaching him to like a crate, and keeping him in it when your not around is a good solution. I really don't know how to teach dogs not to tear crap up, I just know how to remove anything that they shouldn't be tearing up. This is the same reason I can't get Pip to stop eating diarrhea, she likes it better than any treat I can give her, and people don't seem to like to pick up their dogs diarrhea at the park. Oh it's soo pleasant!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/24/2007 9:53 AM  

  • I taught all eighteen of my dogs to speak and understand pig-latin. That way I can reason with them, but no one else can crack our code. Ill-kay, ill-kay!!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2/24/2007 10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home