The Waffle House Chronicles...

Monday, March 12, 2007

Reaffirmation...

I guess reaffirmation is a word. Crazy! Well if you haven’t read about my Saturday ride, it’s below. This post will be about the rest of the weekend. Friday was supposed to be nice. I worked it all out so I could ride with Jerry at 2:30. And ride we did. Except it wasn’t nice out. The 48 degree weather turned to 43 degree weather. The sun and light breeze turned into a cold rain. The 3 hour ride turned into an hour. Guh! Watched the Badgers win after that and then spent the rest of the night watching MTV and playing on Ebay. I am a dork. Saturday I played basketball and went on the ride below. After the ride and lunch I watched the Badgers win. Good times. We then had dodgeball (not a word) which I was worried about less than 3 weeks removed from hernia surgery. It went well except for one painful dive I made to try and catch a ball that had bounced off my chest. I think we finished 6th or 7th and we ended up beating a team that is really good so it was a success. My mind was made up not to ride on Sunday though, instead I went out running errands and shopping with Jess. I got me some new basketball shoes on super clearance (I saved $105 off the retail price.) We also did some returning and stuff like that and I tried the Prime Rib sub at Quiznos. If you get the chance to try one, pass. Although Prime Rib can be tasty when it’s put on a bun with toppings it is below average and freakin’ expensive. Got home and of all the idiot moves I made this weekend this one took the cake. I wanted to cruise around the neighbor hood on my mountain bike. It had a flat tire so I grabbed my cross bike. Oh yeah, I grabbed Chili too. We went riding around. It was awesome and he loved it. We went probably 2.5 miles total but at mile 2.3 Chili had enough and just stopped. I didn’t realize it until it was too late and I went down hard. I got some searing road rash on my shin (my hip and the palm of my hand have already healed.) Oh yeah so I am on the ground in a cold sandy puddle and I look over at Chili and he is just sitting in the road looking the opposite direction as if we were just taking a break. I’ll have to reevaluate if we can do this again. Badgers get smoked. Guh! Chilled the rest of the night.

Just got back from the dog park. It was a river and a swamp all in one...insane! The dogs loved it and are zonked. They were both soaked more than after bath-time. I mean the water was 2 feet deep in spots and 40 feet wide in other spots and the whole park was mostly underwater. A great time!

1 Comments:

  • I can just picture you flying off your bike as Chili decides to stop. Being a dork all depends on what you were watching on MTV. At least you weren't watching "I love NY."

    By Blogger Hez, at 3/16/2007 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home