The Waffle House Chronicles...

Monday, December 11, 2006

Games of all sorts!

I know I say all weekends go way to fast but this past one was the fastest of all. Friday we applied for the marriage certificate, determined it was f-ing cold out so we skipped State St and the Fudd and headed home. A little Chilis later we went to Dean’s and played games. I was on the winning Cranium and Trivial Pursuit teams before getting upset in Balderdash. I am so full of myself, I love it! The new Balderdash is totally pimp and now I’ve got to get it.

Saturday am came early but I still played hoops and I actually felt good about my performance (unlike the nice masonry work I did on the court Friday morning.) Got home and rocked some Spicy Cheesebread while watching Guess Who. Now that was a great movie, I loved it. I wonder if they’ll do a sequel ala Meet the Fockers? Watched the Badgers play Marquette on Saturday and then took the dogs to the park. Popeye befriended a St. Bernard it was cute! Got home, made some cappuccino and we left to go to Dodgeball. I mistakenly took Monroe St as Jess has to pick something up at the union. Once she saw Trader Joes well, we had to stop. And stop we did. I was less than enthused, thinking it was an even yuppier version of Whole Foods and I was so right. But that ended up being a good thing, as that place is better than Average Joes! Inexpensive but quality meats, cheeses and desserts made up for all of the natural and healthy crap. I will definitely go there again soon! We get to dodgeball and started watching some games. Finally we play and take 2 of 3 in our first game. The second game we played Greg “he’s everywhere” Blake and smoked them 3-0. We won our final match 3-0 as well thus meriting a spot in the playoffs. The first game we played the team that won the first two tourneys. We actually one the first match and I got their whole team pissed at me. I guess they don’t take kindly to a team that plays smart. The next two games were fought tough but we came out behind in the end. For third place we played my favorite team to play and beat them 2-0 to take 3rd. 3rd out of 14 teams is pretty sweet and we’ve been in the playoffs for two consecutive tournaments now! I think I played pretty well, my throwing wasn’t great but the rest of my game came around. I think we win because we are the smartest most controlled team out there.

Sunday I got up with the intentions of riding. But I was sore and I turned on King Kong and watched it. I missed the ride which I was ok with and King Kong was a decent movie but not as good as I think it was supposed to be. The computer effects were pretty bogus actually as half of the movie looked more animated than Toy Story. Oh well, it was a fun watch. Watched as much of the Colts game as I could stomach and then watched the Packer game at the in-laws which is always a good time, especially when the Packers win! Went out for supper to Hubbard St Diner which is good and then did wedding work the rest of the night. And presto…the weekend was gone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home