The Waffle House Chronicles...

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Coffee

Always room for a cute photo in my blog! :)

So I’ve started drinking coffee. I maybe have it 4-5 times a week, on mornings I don’t work out or on the weekend or in the evening before going out. On Tuesday I even busted out my new cappuccino machine and made my own cappuccino. It went remarkably well with a sweet hazelnut mostly decaf finish. I am still trying to figure all this out and am hoping that after our wedding I will own my own coffee maker (yes I own an espresso/cappuccino machine but not a coffee maker.) My favorite coffee is hazelnut with vanilla cream but I am hoping to try some new things. So bear with me as I try to become educated in the inner-workings of coffee. One thing I know is that our coffee at work isn’t very good but we are getting a new coffee vendor for 2007 so I am hoping that will improve. Special thanks to all of those who’ve are helping me find my way (Tracy, MJ, co-workers, etc.)

I’ve always enjoyed a good plate of nachos. And if you are on a quest for the best nachos in the area I would definitely stop by Pasquals and give them a try. I get the shredded beef nachos which starts you with the best shredded beef around on some homemade and well seasoned chips. There are no beans on this, which for me is a good thing as I’ve kind of soured on the whole bean thing (black, pinto or refried) but if you need the beans I am sure they’ll throw them on. These nachos also have lots of melted on cheese with some not overly spicy jalapeños and green chilis. Add in some tomatoes and black olives and top with sour cream and very overrated salsa (which is in a cup so it’s not directly on the nachos) and you’ve got one of the better plates around. Due to recent camera issues I have no photo.

Last night we pretty much finalized the wedding ceremony and the wedding day schedule. It was actually a lot of fun going through it and cracking jokes and what ifs and trying to insert humor into the ceremony. Riz should have a good time with it!

Well that's about all I can write on a lunch break. Don't have any links or anything to play with today.

3 Comments:

  • I really think the title sums it all up rather quite nicely.

    By Blogger el_riz, at 12/07/2006 12:49 PM  

  • I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir, but have you tried the nachos at Laredo's? They make special nacho chips that magically never get soggy, and I could drink the cheese sauce from a mug.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12/07/2006 6:35 PM  

  • Dada Row Row! Who is the cutest and coolest baby in the world? Me!!!! I've got my picture in a blog! Goo!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/11/2006 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home