The Waffle House Chronicles...

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Hey Mark, where have you eaten lately?

Funny you should ask! I have all of my 2005 eating in a spreadsheet. I will do a statistical analysis at the end of the year with charts and everything. But to give you a brief look, here is where I’ve been most in 2005 (year to date) with a + meaning I have went more often lately and a – meaning I haven’t went as often lately.
Chilis: 13
Taco Bell: 10
Red Robin: 9-
Delitalia: 8-
Olive Garden: 6+
Tumbleweed: 6-
JT Whitneys: 6+
McDonalds: 6

Note: Papa Johns leads the pizza category (5). Dunkin Donuts leads the donut category (4) and was eaten on 4 consecutive days. Note also that the 5 non fast-food restaurants are basically the “rotation”.

2 Comments:

  • Do you find yourself eating out more often or less often when you keep track? I can see an argument being made for either, but I think it would make me eat out less often - the guilt, you know.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9/23/2005 11:36 AM  

  • It's hard to say, I'd like to say less but I don't think it is true. Of course the results are skewed by the following:
    -Jess' family eats out alot, almost weekly we eat with her parents
    -I travelled alot more this year, which added to the increased eating out
    -My fast food cosumption went down drastically while my sit-down yuppie restaurant cosumption increased.
    -Two weeks in hotels with nothing but eating out

    I am almost certain that my calories were less this year (I can't prove this) as if I knew I was having one bad meal I would compensate by eating very lightly at others. Also I started lifting weights this year so 3 times a week my lunch was pretty much just protein (150 cals before and after.)

    I kept an actual food diary with caloric count once and it guilted me so much that I didn't eat enough and then I got cranky and hungry. That is serious guilt.

    I'll do a full restaurant report at the end of the year, I am guessing I will eat out around 150-200 times this year (50 of which will be vacation dining.)

    By Blogger Burrito Eater, at 9/23/2005 2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home