The Waffle House Chronicles...

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Same ol'

Not much new to report here. Here's the recap:

Wednesday: Went to Balasteri's pizza in Milwaukee. If you ever get the chance...jump on it! Most excellent. We then headed to the Milwaukee Museum and after checking out what people though of history and geography in the 70's we watched the Grand Canyon Imax which was super cool since we were there last month. Then it was on to see dead people. Body Worlds is one of the most informative things I've ever done. While it was a little gross if you really thought about it, the wonderment of it all and everything I learned was magnificant. It's only there until June 1st so if you have a day off a road trip would be good. The obligatory stop at Dunkin Donuts for some Munchkins and a Marshmallow flavored iced coffee was the ticket. We then headed to Miller Park. I had won 8 tickets on Ebay (for $4.48) and since no one wanted to come on a Wednesday evening I was able to sell 6 of them (for $10) and then we went in. The game was one of the best I've seen with Prince hitting a go-ahead 8th inning homerun and then Turnbow getting the call. Drove home and got home late.

Thursday: Rode to Paoli in the morning and then a day of recovery. Work was work-like as expected. Watched the Office that night.

Friday: The weather turned Friday to something crappy. Opened up the day with some basketball and then another work day. Got through said day and came home. Did very little though and we chilled the whole night.

Saturday: Got up early for some basketball and then went to the grocery store. Jess thought I was making her go to Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay and she hated it. I was luke-warm on it...amusing but it lacked the creativity of the original. That afternoon I went to the dog park and had a good time. Then we went over to the Mundys and out to dinner. I discovered a new health food, it's called a Caramel Espresso Milk Shake at Barriques. With an estimated 35g of fat and probably around 600 calories, it was super tasty! Gaming was fun as well (and as usual.) Dari (their boxer) at less than a year now outweighs Chili (our boxer) who is 2-1/2. She's going to be a big girl!!!

Sunday: Got up and read the paper. It was supposed to be the crappiest of days. Jess and I cleaned and organized alot of the house. We even found out we get to do some major furniture repair on our couch. Figuring it was crappy outside (and being tired) we watched some Nascar and the Brewers and just hung out. Then that evening we went out to eat with Jess' parents. We then discovered that it might have been a good day to be outside, oh well. After supper I took the dogs for a long walk. That was Sunday.

Monday: Got up early and went to the Y. It was cold that morning and I needed some exercise. Work was work again. Then I went and borrowed Chili's girlfriend (Lola) and brought her home so they could play for a couple hours. That was the extent of my night.

Nothing much on tap this week. Hard to believe WORS starts this weekend. Don't think my 220 miles of riding this year will suffice so I won't be there. Of course it snowed yesterday here and I am guessing it did even more up there so I wonder what the trail will be like. Well thanks for reading! I wonder what Kelson is up to right now?

4 Comments:

  • It's a shame Harold and Kumar was a let down. I still plan on seeing it, but maybe it can wait until the budget. Body Worlds is crazy and at times doesn't seem real. I don't think I've rocked a DD since the coffee fiasco at the airport. Although it's questionable if I rocked it then.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/30/2008 8:39 AM  

  • i don't think i've ridden much over 220 miles and i'm racing iola.

    saw body worlds last week too. pretty cool, but it seemed like there were "man parts" everywhere you looked.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/30/2008 11:14 AM  

  • You can buy Brewers tickets that cheaply on ebay? Crazy. I'm taking my daughter to a game and we're stretching out over four seats each.

    (oh, hell - your verification word either has a VW or a WV in it, but the letters are too smooshed to tell which one)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5/01/2008 8:27 PM  

  • (It was a VW)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5/01/2008 8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home