The Waffle House Chronicles...

Thursday, May 11, 2006


Uphill battle…

After race #1 I am ranked 15th. I have 9 more races (out of 11, I am missing two) to do and I need 7 of them to be good. I also will not get a call up at all this year (until Sheboygan if I really earn it since I tanked race 1 and will miss race 4.) I’ll have to scam my way into a front two rows start. I got my Shimano stuff (except the crank which I should get next week) yesterday so I’ll have to get the bike together soon.

Yesterday was binge training day. I got in like 82 miles I think (I haven’t checked the Garmin yet.) 29 decent but easy lunch miles and 53 post-work miles (26 alone and 27 with the Chainsmokers) which were a good mix of climbing, sprinting and good conversation. 4:40 of seat time is always a good thing on a Wednesday, especially when it is likely the only miles I’ll get to do. I am blaming the weather on Mr. 1000 mile May…the gods have determined that since he has this goal it has to be even more difficult so expect a rainy May. I wonder how many miles he has now...

The scale this morning read 198.5. For the first time in around 10 years I weigh under 200lbs! I weighed in at 200.0 yesterday so I knew it was possible. It will probably take a week or so before it is under 200lbs for good at any time of the day. I weighed 217 on groundhog’s day and weighed about 250 3 years ago so life is good. I guess if I eat a little less and a little better at home and go out about 1-2 less times per week it helps keep it under control…but most of this is due to riding my bike (and running.)

Weekend will be good, with or without rain. Jess’ sister flies into town for an interview so we are all doing dinner tonight. I have a little shopping I need to do as well. Tomorrow we have no plans but if there is interest maybe some cards/games/karaoke/etc tomorrow night. Saturday we are supposed to ride Levis before hitting the Beav’s grad party in Eau Claire. Sunday is a big ride (likely wet) and then some mother’s day/birthday action in Belleville.

Hope y’all have a wonderful day! I wonder what Hez is doing right now?

2 Comments:

  • Goddamnfugginrainwon'tstopwon'teverstop. I got 52 miles in after finals week office hours yesterday, but today's drappiness (dreary+crappy=drappy) made me want to stay inside and eat soup. So that's what Missy and I did. Thousand Mile May is proving to be even more challenging than I expected.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5/11/2006 8:33 PM  

  • Let's see right now Hez is writing a comment on your blog. You and Jess sound like you are going to hvae a fun filled weekend.

    trthkd
    Trevor Rodgers takes hard killer drinks.

    By Blogger Hez, at 5/12/2006 1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home