The Waffle House Chronicles...

Monday, May 15, 2006

Oh what a long day!

Mondays are always rough, this one especially. The weather and my job have worn me down and I know when I am done with this I have to install some new drive-train on the mountain bike. I have all the parts now as well, just have to decide what crankset to run. The XTR showed up and it looks pretty sweet! Rode 32 miles at lunch, the last 15 were mostly in the rain and I was thoroughly soaked when I got back to work. The ride out to Belleville was nice though…warm and tail-winded…

As for the weekend…Thursday evening we went out to Pedro’s with Jess’ family. A lot of margaritas were had by the Smulkas! It was fun! Stacy has an interview right now at UWEC so we’re hoping she gets it. Friday after work Jess and I hit the JT Whitneys as I had a gift certificate that expired the next day. It was awesome and they have free appetizers for happy hour if you go right after work. I was stuffed. Afterward we went back to the house and got ready for company. Some people came over and it was a non-stop Hip-Hop, American Idol, Blockus battle. I think everyone did pretty well in all disciplines…but no one could stop Balsley and his posse on Broadway. Stayed up too late and had a couple overly intoxicated friends but all was well.
Saturday on about 4.5 hours of sleep I went to the Y and got in 2.5 hours of hoops. It was fun! Also I went to the Twinkie Store on the way home and I was in luck…Boston Cream Zingers. Went home, cleaned up, and got ready to head to Eau Claire for John’s grad party. Unfortunately the weather was too crappy (for the past week) so no Levis on the way up. Fortunately we were able to hit the LJS though for some fish. Eau Claire was fun! The weather didn’t keep the mood nor the attendance down. I think I’ve trained the Beav well though as he had a nice large wooden cooler chest full of LaBatts. Lots of food and conversation and hanging out…it was most excellent seeing everyone! Congratulations John! He’ll graduate next week! The drive home was rough, I pulled over in Tomah to let Jess drive the rest of the way home. I was seriously asleep though before she even started to drive I was that tired! Next thing I know we are on Whitney Way!

If you want to know what happened Sunday, read the post below. Awesome time! I missed Kelson though, it is much more fun to make fun of Jerry in groups and there were plenty of opportunities. After the ride I hustled out to Belleville (by car) to make it 3 hours late for the Mother’s Day/Birthday celebrations. Some good food was left for me and my lunch/supper was a chicken breast, taco dip and cake...all in about 3 minutes and then I couldn’t eat anymore. Got home and fell asleep watching the Simpsons but somehow awoke and was awake for Malcom and Family Guy. And that my friends was my weekend.

I want to give props to Kelson. He now reads my blog meaning I now have 3-3/4 active blog readers that I know of (thanks Jerry, Brozek, Shiroma and Hez for composing the rest of the 2-3/4.) Also Kelson got 3rd in the 4’s race on Saturday which is awesome. Jerry raced 3’s and although he practices riding on the shoulder and in the grass it indeed slowed him up when forced to do that in a race from a near stop down the finishing stretch. Also good job everyone of playing Blockus…I know I won at least 1 game but I am pretty sure almost everyone there won or was close at one point or another.

3 Comments:

  • kelson counts as a full reader? what the hell is that about? i'd give him 1/2 max, and that's on a good day.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/15/2006 4:31 PM  

  • i'm not sure i count as a full reader either. i don't read that well so i mostly look at the pictures and try to figure out everything from that.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/16/2006 8:16 AM  

  • Shiroma, you've been relegated to a half of a reader status. I mostly count on who replies the most...volume mostly...quality is a small part.

    Kelson is one win away from passing Jerry and Baumann in 4/5 points and a couple good results from passing the Hertz. I am only 3 wins away from being in the top spot! :)

    By Blogger Burrito Eater, at 5/16/2006 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home