The Waffle House Chronicles...

Monday, January 28, 2008

Finally (It's happened to me)

Mark, do you still exist? Why yes. So I haven’t blogged in a couple weeks, just haven’t found the combination of time and desire to make up a half-ass post. At least until now! Weekend was good but now it’s over. Friday night was bowling league and we won. Saturday we got up early and headed to Schaumberg. We went to Ikea to get some stuff, including two items that Jess wanted to hybrid together to make a TV stand, and she did and it rocks (literally with the Coldplay concert rockin' the TV!) We also hit Dave & Busters, I got $10 in free play for my birthday and then we got the Power Play combo. The guy must’ve screwed up (or liked us) as we each got $25 in play instead of the normal $10, so we had $60 in play…we couldn’t even play it all. I am still pissed though as I rimmed out a 100 ball on Skee-ball that would’ve scored me the jackpot, but we had some good games. Got home mid-afternoon just in time to watch the Badgers lose. Played games at Dean’s that night, good times! Sunday we went out for breakfast and we went out for supper. Went to the dog park and watched Friday Night Lights in between and we cleaned up the house pretty good! So the weekend was relaxing, fun and productive, not too shabby!

Other than that, life has been pretty ordinary. I really want to get a PS3 because there are tons of sweet games coming out for it. So that’s on tap. Seems like I am playing the waiting game with everything…waiting for a trip to Arizona, waiting for the PS3, waiting for spring/summer, just lots of waiting. I guess that’s winter in January in Wisconsin. Kind of sick of it but it’ll hopefully be spring before too long, just waiting to hear what the groundhog says! Plus I am getting old, I am sore more often that I used to be.

New job is going great. I love the variety and I love that everything is somewhat new to me so every time I talk to someone it’s a challenge that I have to figure out. I also paid my car off last week, so I am hoping that it won’t break down. It was kind of scary paying off my car on the coldest day of the year but so far so good! We also just became 4-0 in basketball and we'll almost certainly get moved up a division or two. Got to see Kelson really quick the weekend before last, hoping he moves back to Madison!


Here's what people at my work are up to:

1 Comments:

  • Ray's is the single bright point in the steaming shithole that is Cleveland, OH.

    Every city should have a Ray's. Appleton, in particular. Let's get some investors together to buy an old paper mill.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1/30/2008 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home