The Waffle House Chronicles...

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Back to the Grind…

Monday was rough. Started it out with a 5 mile run (man I am out of shape) at the Y and a long work day. We went to Target after work and bought what might be one of the best purchases ever, a pillow made of Coolmax that can keep your head cool. It works to some extent as my head gets less warm but it might be godly in the spring when temps in the house can fluctuate weirdly. Either way, for $8 it’s a worthy experiment and if your pillow ever gets to warm for you I recommend it. Monday night I had a Chainsmoker meeting and then I had a basketball game with my team. I didn’t play that well (nor did anyone) and we got smoked as a team. We can and will do better!

Tuesday I had to sleep in instead of running. I did go for a 5 miler at lunch and was sore. Then my stupid neighbor held a ride and I didn’t wimp out. I borrowed a singlespeed mountain bike from work and we went out. It was 16 when we left and about 10 when I got back. I say I got back because after about a half hour I had to dab my foot which caused the worst calf cramp I’ve ever had. So I put my other foot down and that calf cramped as well. I rode home on the roads and it wasn’t nearly as bad but I knew I couldn’t put my foot down or do any super hard efforts. All in all 50 minutes of riding in the coldest temps I ever rode in. Got home in time for the Idol which was awesome!

Wednesday I got up and played basketball. My calves were sore but didn’t affect my game much. Of course I went 0 for 8 in the first game but started to find my game in later games. I still need to get into shape more! Didn’t do much else besides work and laundry and stuff.

Thursday- Woke up super early to go to the East Y. Ran 4 miles and played basketball. My calves still hurt so I am not in a hurry to ride outside. I’ll probably set the trainer up this weekend to get some spin and calorie burning in. Man that episode of The Office was tight!!!

Wow, my life is really exciting now! Pictures coming soon...I promise!

2 Comments:

  • I din't realise it was that cold

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/19/2007 7:20 AM  

  • that's because your brain isn't hooked up all good. it was 8 degrees when we got back.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/19/2007 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home